Every weekday we have second-hand furniture donated to our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse. Our volunteer Warehouse Operatives help keep our furniture stock organised & priced correctly. This role will require you to be able to move furniture around safely & keep it in a good sellable condition.
In-house training in heavy lifting techniques and all PPE required for this role is supplied.
• Loading & unloading items on the van
• Delivering great customer service representing Emmaus North Staffs
• Good strength
• Clear communication
• No experience required
• Experience in manual handling & customer service & heavy lifting would be useful
• Any day between Monday – Saturday; any time between 9am-5pm
• We ask our Warehouse Volunteers to volunteer at least once a week
• Based at our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse
• Manual Handling in-house training required
• Customer Service in-house training required
• Health & Safety in-house training required
• Further optional training & support provided on-site & online through iHasco
• All PPE required is supplied for this role
• Lunch is provided (sandwich, crisps & drink)
• Bus fares are reimbursed
• 50% Volunteer Discount at our Emmaus Shop
If you want any more information on any of these roles then contact Carmen either by coming in for a chat, by phone on 01782 846 111 / 07443271508 or by email on [email protected]
You can apply for this role now, using our online Volunteer Application Form.