If you have a flair for organising constantly changing stock, ranging from bric-a-brac to clothing, love rummaging through items to find a gem, or like researching how much an item is worth then this might be the role for you.
We get a wide range of donations coming through the door of our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse on a daily basis that need sorting & organising ready to go to our shop in The Potteries Centre or alternatively on our eBay page too. Our Sorting Assistants vary from having niche knowledge about specific donations, to just wanting to help organise and sort through the donations. All are welcome!
- Sorting through donated items into organised sections
- Using personal knowledge & training to help sort through donations efficiently
- Quality checking items to ensure they are in a good reusable condition
- Recycling any items that are not in a reusable condition
- Ensuring items are clean & packaged correctly before going to the shop
- Finding items of higher value to sell on eBay
- A positive & helpful attitude
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment where donations are brought in
- No experience required
- Knowledge regarding any of the following would be useful: bric-a-brac, clothes, shoes, bags, books, DVDs, CDs, records & frames/art
- Monday – Saturday, 9am-5pm
- We ask our Sorting Assistants to volunteer at least once a week
Training, Support & Benefits:
- Health & Safety in-house training required
- Further optional training & support provided on-site & online through iHasco
- Lunch is provided (sandwich, crisps & drink)
- Bus fares are reimbursed
- 50% Volunteer Discount at our Emmaus Shop and our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse
Find out more
If you want any more information on any of these roles then contact Carmen either by coming in for a chat, by phone on 01782 846 111 / 07443271508 or by email on [email protected]
You can apply for this role now, using our online Volunteer Application Form.