If you have a flair for researching constantly changing stock, ranging from bric-a-brac to records, or love rummaging through items to find a gem then this might be the role for you.
We get a wide range of donations coming through the door of our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse on a daily basis, that need researching to evaluate whether they need to go on our eBay page or to the shop. Our Research Assistants vary from having niche knowledge about specific donations, to just wanting to learn new skills & help research and sort through the donations.
- Researching donated items to evaluate their worth & organise them
- Using personal knowledge & training to help research and sort through donations efficiently
- Evaluating the quality of the items in line with their research & its value
- Recycling any items that are not in a re-sellable condition
- Finding items of higher value to sell on eBay
- A positive & helpful attitude
- Research & evaluation skills
- No experience required
- Knowledge regarding any of the following would be useful: bric-a-brac, clothes, shoes, bags, books, DVDs, CDs, records & frames/art
- Monday – Saturday, 9am-5pm
- We ask our Researching Assistants to volunteer at least once a week
Training, Support & Benefits:
- Health & Safety in-house training required
- Further optional training & support provided on-site & online through iHasco
- Lunch is provided (sandwich, crisps & drink)
- Bus fares are reimbursed
- 50% Volunteer Discount at our Emmaus Shop and our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse
Find out more
If you want any more information on any of these roles then contact Carmen either by coming in for a chat, by phone on 01782 846 111 / 07443271508 or by email on [email protected]
You can apply for this role now, using our online Volunteer Application Form.