Our welcoming reception team help & serve customers visiting both our Emmaus shop in the Potteries Centre & our Furniture & Home CharityWarehouse, and are there to answer any questions and take payments. Our reception volunteers are essential to be able to run both the our shops and are always in demand – full training will be provided for this role.
- Handling pricing & payments of stock
- Arranging and booking deliveries & donations on our van schedule & system
- Helping to keep our shops to a high professional standard, where everything is organised, clean & tidy
- Delivering great customer service representing Emmaus North Staffs by greeting & serving each customer in the store and assisting them, if and when needed.
- Answering & resolving any customer enquiries or complaints.
- An engaging & friendly personality
- A positive & helpful attitude
- Clear & good verbal communication
- Great punctuality & excellent timekeeping
- Ability to work effectively under continuing pressure and possible interruptions
- No experience required
- Experience in customer service or retail would be useful
- Monday – Saturday, 9am-5pm
- We ask our Retail Assistants to volunteer at least once a week
Training, Support & Benefits:
- Customer Service in-house training required
- Health & Safety in-house training required
- Further optional training & support provided on-site & online through iHasco
- All PPE required is supplied for this role
- Lunch is provided (sandwich, crisps & drink)
- Bus fares are reimbursed
- 50% Volunteer Discount at our Emmaus Shop and our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse
Find out more
If you want any more information on any of these roles then contact Carmen either by coming in for a chat, by phone on 01782 846 111 / 07443271508 or by email on [email protected]
You can apply for this role now, using our online Volunteer Application Form.