Join our friendly team, meet new people and do some good.
The welcoming faces of our retail volunteers are the first port of call for our customers visiting our two Emmaus shops and are there to answer any questions, sort stock & keep the space to a high professional standard. Our retail volunteers help to run our shops and are always in demand. We’ll give you full training, so if you think you might have a flair for creating shop floor displays or helping customers, this role might be for you.
How you’ll help:
- Helping to keep our Emmaus Shop in the Potteries Centre or Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse (you choose) organised, clean & tidy
- Ensuring products are presentable, clean & in the right location
- Maintaining window displays & creating new ones when needed
- Delivering great customer service representing our charity Emmaus North Staffs by greeting & serving each customer in the store and assisting them, if and when needed
What you’ll bring:
- An engaging & friendly personality
- Clear & good verbal communication
- Great punctuality & excellent timekeeping
- Experience in customer service or retail would be useful, but certainly not essential
Could you spare a few hours?
- Our shops are open Monday – Saturday, 9am-5pm. We ask our Retail Assistants to kindly volunteer at least once a week.
Training, Support & Benefits:
- You’ll get a 50% Volunteer Discount at our Emmaus Shop and our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse
- We’ll train you up in Customer Service, Health & Safety and Manual Handling
- Lunch is provided (sandwich, crisps & drink)
- Bus fares are reimbursed
Find out more and apply
Think you can help us? Why not give our friendly Volunteer Coordinator Carmen a call on 01782 846 111 / 07443271508 or drop in for a chat. You can also email her on [email protected]
You can apply for this role now, using our online Volunteer Application Form.