Key facts about our Emmaus North East community
- We provide accommodation for up to 22 formerly homeless people, ready to make a fresh start.
- As well as a home, we provide work, education and training to help them to gain employment in the future.
- We are a homelessness charity with a difference, we are not a hostel for the homeless and we don’t just offer a hot meal or a bed for the night.
- We have the support of South Tyneside Council and are working in partnership with them and other local agencies, and we are proud to be part of the South Tyneside pledge.
- Our community is making a positive contribution to the local economy and is helping to meet the needs of vulnerable people in the area.