Key facts about our community
- We provide accommodation for up to 15 formerly homeless people, ready to make a fresh start.
- As well as a home, we provide work, education and training to help them to gain employment in the future.
- Our residents work in a social enterprise undertaking house clearances, recycling furniture and household goods.
- The goods are sold via retail shops in Hebburn, and Low Fell.
- We have the support of South Tyneside Council and are working in partnership with them and other local agencies.
- Our community will provide up to four new jobs and inject over £200,000 into the local community each year.
- We have secured support from local, regional and national funders, including: Virgin Money Foundation, The National Lottery, Coalfields Community Trust, The Catherine Cookson Trust, The Barbour Trust, The Sherburn Trust, The Hedley Denton Trust, The Joicey Trust, The Department of Communities and Local Government’s Community Ownership and Management of Assets fund and various funds administered by the Community Foundation for Tyne & Wear.
- Our community is making a positive contribution to the local economy and is helping to meet the needs of vulnerable people in the area.