Do you have van driving experience and knowledge of the Salford and Greater Manchester area? Can you give a few hours on a regular basis to volunteer as a van driver at a local homelessness charity? If so, come and join the Emmaus Salford team and help to make a difference to the lives of others.
We are looking for a Volunteer Driver to assist us on at least one day per week. Emmaus Salford is developing and we need your help to support our social enterprise activity, collecting and delivering items to and from our shops, workshop and warehouse.
- To drive one of the Emmaus Salford vehicles
- Assisting with collections and deliveries of furniture
- Completing paperwork for collections and deliveries
- Providing customers with information about Emmaus Salford
- Assisting with vehicle checks and keeping the vehicles clean and in good working order
- We are seeking someone who has a full, clean driving licence and preferably with experience of driving a large van
- Good knowledge of Salford and the Greater Manchester road network
- Health and safety awareness
- Knowledge of vehicle maintenance preferred
- A flexible attitude towards types of jobs required within the role
- Respect for and compliance with the organisations policies
- A willingness to participate in relevant and appropriate training in order to carry out the duties required in the role
- A pleasant manner and good customer service skills
- Reliability, punctuality and an ability to work as part of a team
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9am-4:30pm). The days will need to fall between Monday and Friday, but we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
Volunteer Application Forms are available from all of our Emmaus Salford shops or you can download an application form here. Please follow the instructions on the form for submitting your completed application. We do not accept CV’s.
If you wish to talk to someone about volunteering please call Rachel on 0161 737 8279.