We are different to other homelessness services. Our charity doesn’t just offer a bed for the night; we provide a home and meaningful work opportunities.
Are you homeless or at risk of being homeless? You might be:
- Rough sleeping
- Sofa surfing
- In temporary accommodation
- Being released from prison with nowhere to go
- A refugee or asylum seeker without secure accommodation
Emmaus Oxford may be able to help
Emmaus is a two way agreement, we will not be giving you charity – we ask you to come and be part of the community until you feel you are ready to move on.
Being part of the community means sharing responsibility for helping others and in turn helping yourself. To join our community you must agree to the following:
- To be part of a community of people who are committed to helping each other and helping others who are on the margins of society.
- Be willing to contribute as part of a team for 35 hrs per week in our furniture store (which recycles donated furniture) and help to keep our community running.
- Be prepared to be trusted with responsibilities.
- To be patient and understanding with others who live with you.
- To honour our drug and alcohol rules that keep the community, yourself and others safe. No illegal drugs or alcohol are allowed in our community.
Get in touch
If you feel Emmaus Oxford may be right for you, but would like to know more then give us a call with any questions on 01865 402073. You can also ask someone else to do this with you. It is also fine to arrange to come and have a look round, with a friend or support person if you want, and perhaps have a chat with residents (companions) to ask them what life is like here.
If you want to dive straight in with a referral you can download our referral form
here and send it back to us. This can be filled in by you or by someone who is helping you.
If you wish to, you can also complete our equality and diversity monitoring form
. This is optional and any information you submit will be treated confidentially and has no bearing on your application to join our community.
Once you have filled in the form:
send it via email to [email protected]
or post to: Emmaus Oxford, 171 Oxford Road, Cowley, OX4 2ES
or even pop it in by hand if you wish.