We are different to other homelessness services. Our charity doesn’t just offer a bed for the night; we provide a home and meaningful work.
Are you homeless or at risk of being homeless? You might be:
- Rough sleeping
- Sofa surfing
- In temporary accommodation
- Being released from prison with nowhere to go
- A refugee or asylum seeker without secure accommodation
Emmaus Oxford may be able to help
Emmaus is a two way agreement, we will not be giving you charity – we ask you to come and be part of the community until you feel you are ready to move on.
Being part of the community means sharing responsibility for helping others and in turn helping yourself. To join our community you must agree to the following:
- To be part of a community of people who are committed to helping each other and helping others who are on the margins of society.
- Be willing to work as part of a team for 35 hrs per week volunteering in our furniture store (which recycles donated furniture) and helping to keep our community running.
- Be prepared to be trusted with responsibilities.
- To be patient and understanding with others who live with you.
- To honour our drug and alcohol rules that keep the community, yourself and others safe. No illegal drugs or alcohol are allowed in our community.
Get in touch
If you feel you might be suitable for Emmaus but would like to know more then give us a call with any questions on 01865 402073. You can also ask someone else to do this with you. It is also fine to arrange to come and have a look round (with a friend or support person if you want), and perhaps have a chat with residents (companions) to ask them what the score really is up here.
If you want to dive straight in with a referral you can download a Referral Form here
and send it back to us (contact details below).
This can be filled in by you or by someone who is helping you.
Once you have filled in the form:
send it via email to email@example.com
or post to: Emmaus Oxford, 171 Oxford Road, Cowley, OX4 2ES.
or even pop it in by hand if you wish.