Do you love being active and like getting out and about? Are you physically fit and have knowledge of manual handling techniques? We’re looking for a Van Crew Volunteer to help collect and deliver items for the Emmaus Preston. If you have time to spare and want to help grow a new homelessness charity, then we want to hear from you.
- Manual handling
- Customer service
- Safely loading and unloading the van
- Completing paperwork for collections and deliveries
- Processing and warehousing the collected items.
Skills and experience needed
- Experience of manual handling
- Van crew experience desirable
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Team work, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits
- A full induction when you start
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- An opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause
- Further training where possible
- Travel expenses within the local area.
To register your interest and apply for this role, please complete our Volunteer Form here.