Reporting to the Retail Manager, the Van Driver will drive a 3.5 Tonne Luton Van. Working alongside companions in the collection and delivery of donated furniture and household items and assisting the furniture team in the operation of the furniture loading bay.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide instruction to companions on the safe handling, loading and unloading of goods and will support the welfare, care and development of companions in the community in a manner which embodies the Emmaus ethos.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience of driving cars, vans and Luton-style vehicles
• Holding a full manual driving licence (we expect this to be clean but will consider applicants with points on a case-by-case basis)
• The ability to lift, carry and manoeuvre furniture on a day to day basis
• Experience of complying with Health & Safety regulations
• A positive and professional customer services attitude
• Experience of working with and relating to a diverse range of people
• Understanding of professional boundaries
The successful candidate will strive to encourage, develop and maintain good working relationships with all parts of the community, including staff, volunteers, companions and trustees. You will have a belief in the potential of each individual and an understanding of the importance of the community in helping each person to achieve their potential.
If you would like to join the team at this dynamic and successful charity and have the experience, drive and enthusiasm to undertake this important role we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Terms of employment
• Working Hours: 40 hours per week: Tuesday to Saturday. 8.30 am to 5.00 pm with flexibility to cover sickness and holidays as required.
• Annual Leave – 23 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays pro rata
• Pension – An auto enrolment pension arrangement whereby the employer contributes 5% and employees 3%
• Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
• Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
To apply please send your CV with a supporting letter (see Application Pack below for more details) to Barbara Fitzgerald, Retail Manager email@example.com by 9.00am, Monday 10th August 2020.
Those shortlisted will be invited to an interview on Tuesday 18th August 2020.
Find out more about Emmaus Village Carlton.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.