Do you want to help homeless people rebuild their lives?
Emmaus Village Carlton supports formerly homeless people, known as companions. Unlike many homelessness charities, we don’t just offer companions a bed for the night, instead we offer a home for as long as someone needs it, care, support and meaningful work in a social enterprise.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Support Manager to provide maternity cover for the existing post holder.
Reporting to the Chief Community Officer and leading an experienced support team, the Support Manager will be responsible for the management of all activities relating to the welfare, care and development of companions in the community in a manner which embodies the Emmaus ethos.
The role will proactively contribute to providing a safe and supportive environment for all companions to ensure we achieve successful outcomes to a timescale appropriate to each one of them.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Knowledge and understanding of homelessness issues
• Experience of working with and relating to a diverse range of people
• Confident and competent people manager, leading, inspiring and coaching skills
• Able to remain calm under pressure with the confidence to resolve difficult issues
• Empathetic and understanding of a wide range of needs and experiences
• Effective time management and organisational skills
• Understanding of professional boundaries
• Willingness to work flexibly including out of hours and on-call duties
The successful candidate will strive to encourage, develop and maintain good working relationships with all parts of the community, including staff, volunteers, companions and trustees, keeping appropriate key personnel well informed of significant matters relating to the community.
You will have a belief in the potential of each individual and an understanding of the importance of the community in helping each person to achieve their potential. Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential as well as being a competent IT user.
If you would like to join the team at this dynamic and successful charity and have the experience, drive and enthusiasm to undertake this important role we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Terms of employment
• Working Hours – 40 hours per week
• Annual Leave – 23 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays
• Pension – An auto enrolment pension arrangement whereby the employer contributes 5% and employees 3%
• Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
• Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
Please download the application documents below. To apply, send your completed application form to Angela Foll, Chief Community Officer, email@example.com by 9.00am, Monday 20th January 2020.
Those shortlisted will be invited to an interview on Wednesday 29th January 2020.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.