We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic, and organised individual to take the lead responsibility for the day-to-day operational management of the site, buildings, and social enterprise business activities.
Reporting to the Chief Community Officer, the successful candidate will be expected to provide and promote a supportive and nurturing environment for companions whilst also successfully delivering strategic priorities to support the community towards becoming financially self- sustainable.
• Minimum of 3 years retail management experience
• Online retail experience
• Managing multi-faceted operations/sites
• Excellent customer service
• Experience of managing challenging behaviour and conflict resolution
• Confident and competent people manager
• Professional boundaries
As a member of the Management Team, you will also actively contribute to external communications, policy development, business development and marketing.
If you have the relevant experience, skills, enthusiasm and positive “can do” attitude and would relish the chance to work in this dynamic, progressive, and successful charity, we would like to hear from you. You will be joining a friendly and enthusiastic team who are passionate about what they do and a social enterprise that has an exciting future.
• Working Hours: 40 hours per week: Wednesday – Sunday, 8.30am to 5.00pm with flexibility to cover sickness and holidays as required.
• Annual Leave – 23 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays pro rata
• Pension – An auto enrolment pension arrangement whereby the employer contributes 5% and employees 3%
• Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training, and development
• Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available.
To apply please read the Application Pack (link below) and send your CV with a supporting letter (maximum 2-sides of A4) detailing:
1. Why are you applying for this role?
2. What relevant experience and skills do you have?
3. Why are you the best candidate for this position?
to Angela Foll, Chief Community Officer, email@example.com by 9.00am, Monday 1st March 2021.
Most of our social enterprise activities are currently closed due to government lockdown restrictions, but we are continuing to offer a takeaway and delivery service from our bistro and online sales. Those shortlisted will be invited to a site visit week commencing 8th March, and an interview on Thursday 18th March 2021. Interview arrangements will be confirmed closer to the interview date.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.