Reporting to the Recycling and Reuse Manager, the Maintenance Assistant will be responsible for the day to day maintenance of Emmaus Village Carlton buildings and grounds.
Working alongside companions you will be expected to support the welfare, care, and development of companions in the community in a manner which embodies the Emmaus ethos.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• A minimum of 2 years general building/maintenance experience including:
• General building
• Level 2 NVQ, City and Guild or equivalent qualification
• Basic computer skills (Excel, Word & Internet)
• Empathetic and understanding of a wide range of needs and experiences.
• Understanding of professional boundaries.
The successful candidate will strive to encourage, develop, and maintain good working relationships with all parts of the community, including staff, volunteers, companions, and trustees. You will have a belief in the potential of each individual and an understanding of the importance of the community in helping each person to achieve their potential.
If you would like to join the team at this dynamic and successful charity and have the experience, drive and enthusiasm to undertake this important role we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Terms of employment
• Working Hours: 40 hours per week: Monday – Friday. 8.30 am to 5.00 pm with flexibility to cover sickness and holidays as required.
• Annual Leave – 23 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays
• Pension – An auto enrolment pension arrangement whereby the employer contributes 5% and employees 3%
• Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
• Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
To apply please send your CV with a supporting letter (see Application Pack below for more details) to Tom Blight, Recycling and Reuse Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00am, Monday 10th August 2020.
Those shortlisted will be invited to an interview on Wednesday 19th August 2020.
Find out more about Emmaus Village Carlton.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.