The successful candidate will be working in the popular em’s Bistro at Emmaus Village Carlton, and must have a passion for great food, with experience of producing high quality food with excellent attention to detail.
Working alongside companions, you will prepare, cook, and serve quality homemade food for our bistro customers whilst also providing training and instruction to companions on the safe handling and preparation of food, promoting a supportive and nurturing environment for companions in a manner which embodies the Emmaus ethos.
Reporting to the Catering Manager, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• A minimum 1 years’ experience of working within a catering environment
• NVQ Level 2 in Professional cookery qualification OR with a commitment to undertake the course
• Knowledge of current food legislation regarding food safety including allergens and health and safety in the workplace.
• Able to prepare, cook and present food to meet quality, cost and health and safety standards
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to prepare and serve hot drinks when required
• Experience of working with and relating to a diverse range of people
• Willingness to work flexibly including out of hours
• Understanding of professional boundaries
Actively contributing to and supporting the Catering Manager and team to develop and grow the catering provision across the Emmaus Village Carlton site.
If you would like to join the team at this dynamic and successful charity and have the relevant experience, drive, and enthusiasm to undertake this vital role we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Terms of employment
• Salary: £14,352 p.a. gross
• Working Hours – 24 hours per week, Wednesday – Friday 11am – 3pm. Saturday & Sunday, 9.00am – 3.30pm (Would consider job share)
• Annual Leave – 23 days per annum, plus bank holidays pro rata
• Pension – An auto enrolment pension arrangement whereby the employer contributes 5% and employees 3%
• Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training, and development
• Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available.
To apply please send your CV with a supporting letter (download Application Pack below for more details) to Chloe Goodship, Catering Manager [email protected] by 9.00am 7th February 2022.
Those shortlisted will be invited to an interview on 24th February 2022
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.