Do you want to help homeless people rebuild their lives?
Emmaus Village Carlton supports formerly homeless people, known as companions. Unlike many homelessness charities, we don’t just offer companions a bed for the night, instead we offer a home for as long as someone needs it, care, support and meaningful work in a social enterprise.
Reporting to the Catering Manager, the Bistro Assistant will have front of house duties but will also be expected to provide support within the kitchen as required. As a member the catering team you be expected to support the welfare, care and development of companions in the community in a manner which embodies the Emmaus ethos.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• A minimum 1 years’ experience of working within a catering environment
• A Minimum 1 years’ experience of working within a customer service environment
• Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification
• Knowledge of current food legislation in regards to food hygiene and health and safety in the workplace.
• Experience of working with and relating to a diverse range of people
• Understanding of professional boundaries
The successful candidate will strive to encourage, develop and maintain good working relationships with all parts of the community, including staff, volunteers, companions and trustees. You will have a belief in the potential of each individual and an understanding of the importance of the community in helping each person to achieve their potential.
If you would like to join the team at this dynamic and successful charity and have the experience, drive and enthusiasm to undertake this important role we would like to hear from you as soon as possible.
Terms of employment
• Working Hours: 40 hours per week: Wednesday to Sunday. 8.30 am to 5.00 pm
• Annual Leave – 23 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays
• Pension – An auto enrolment pension arrangement whereby the employer contributes 5% and employees 3%
• Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
• Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
To apply please send your completed application form to Chloe Goodship, Catering Manager at email@example.com by 9.00am, Friday 11th October 2019.
Those shortlisted will be invited to an interview on Friday 18th October 2019.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.