Emmaus South Wales is looking for a full time Retail Manager. Reporting to the CEO, the post holder will primarily be responsible for the overall management and development of Emmaus South Wales’ charity shop retail operation. The purpose of the role is to provide meaningful work and personal development opportunities for Companions and to develop, manage and motivate staff, Companions, and volunteers, to continually grow the surplus delivered by our shops. presenting to customers and supporters a positive image of Emmaus through excellent retail practices.
The role is a 40 hour week over five days, including some weekend working.
The salary is £24,000-26,000 pa dependent on experience
- Work with the Store Managers to set income targets and KPIs and provide effective management to ensure they are achieved.
- Responsible for oversight of the day-to-day operation of our retail stores
- Oversee the work of the shop teams, ensuring consistency of the Emmaus ethos and adherence to internal policies and legislative requirements.
- Provide effective line management for individual shop managers, to ensure the motivation, training and development of all shop staff, Companions, and volunteers.
- Work with shop teams to identify and exploit retail trends and local opportunities to grow income.
- Deliver high standards of customer service across the retail network.
- Deliver profitability by overseeing costs and ensuring efficient resource
- Deliver regular monitoring and reporting on performance and take appropriate action where needed.
- As a key member of the management team, contribute to the leadership, planning and policy formulation to meet organisational objectives.
For a full job description and details of how to apply for the role, please see the documents below.
To find out more about Emmaus South Wales click here.