Please read the below for Emmaus South Wales updates regarding our shops, donations and collections following the Government announcement that non-essential shops can re-open from Monday 22 June. We will continually be updating this page as we make changes to our social enterprise and services.
We are pleased to announce that from Monday 22 June, we will be accepting collection requests for furniture and household items that are in good saleable condition.
Have you been holding on to items ready to donate? You can request a collection on our book a collection form. Someone will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
How will collections work?
- We will only accept good quality furniture in saleable condition.
- We kindly ask that you give your items a good clean before they are collected.
- Furniture will only be collected from the inside of the first door to the property. Only in special circumstances will drivers enter a property to collect furniture from other rooms, this will be made clear when booking and additional time, resources and PPE will be made available to the driver.
- We will store donations for 48 hours before moving them.
Donations drop offs
We will be accepting donation drop offs at our Bridgend Superstore from Tuesday 21 July. Please make sure you give all items a good clean before they are donated.
We kindly ask that donors separate textiles, bric-a-brac and books/media in separate bags. If this isn’t done then we may refuse the donations in store.
Items we will accept:
- Bric a Brac that is clean, complete, unbroken and in a saleable condition
- Clothing that is clean, undamaged and saleable
- Electricals that are clean, undamaged and saleable
- Books that are not damaged or marked
- CD’s, DVD,s and Video games that are complete and unscratched
Items we wont except:
- Analogue TVs
- Items that do not work
- Items that are damaged
- Items we cannot sell for legal/safety reasons
- Incomplete items
- Car seats
- Large Wall units
- Glass TV stands
We will begin a phased re-opening of some of our shops from Tuesday 21 July. We will start with our Caroline Street shop and our Bridgend Superstore.
Caroline Street, Bridgend shop: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 – 16:00
Bridgend Superstore: Tuesday – Saturday 10:00 – 16:00
We have implemented new measures in our shops to ensure the safety of all our customers and team. These include:
- Protective screens at our tills
- Contactless card payments
- After every customer the card machine will be cleaned with disinfectant
- Gloves and masks are available for our team
- Hazard tape to ensure social distancing measures
- The front door will be kept opening to reduce touch points
- Fitting rooms will be closed
- Clear signage and floor markers will be installed throughout the store informing customers about current COVID-19 restrictions in store.
We will keep this page updated with re-opening information and we are very happy to be welcoming you soon! Thank you so much for your continued support over the past few months.