Do you love being active and like getting out and about? Are you physically fit and have knowledge of manual handling techniques? We’re looking for a Van Crew Volunteer to help collect and deliver items for the Emmaus South Manchester social enterprise. If you have time to spare and want to help grow a new homelessness charity, then we want to hear from you.
- Manual handling
- Customer service
- Safely loading and unloading the van
- Completing paperwork for collections and deliveries
- Processing and warehousing the collected items.
Skills and experience needed
- Experience of manual handling
- Van crew experience desirable
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Team work, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm). We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits
- A full induction when you start
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- An opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause
- Further training where possible
- Travel expenses within the local area.
To register your interest and apply for this role, please download, complete and return the application form below. For an informal chat about this role please call Mark on 07443 419059 or email [email protected]