Do you have experience as a cook working in a busy kitchen? If so, Emmaus Salford is looking for a Volunteer Cook to assist us on one or more days each week. We need someone who can hit the ground running, preparing tasty and healthy meals for our community to enjoy.
- To help prepare healthy meals for the Emmaus Salford community
- To prepare evening meals for upto 25 people and assist in preparing lunches for the following day
- To create meals from a variety of surplus food ingredients
- To maintain excellent food hygiene and record keeping
- We’re looking for a reliable and dedicated individual with experience of chef work and a minimum of Level 3 in Food Hygiene
- An ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexible attitude to types of jobs required within the role
- Respect for Emmaus values and the organisation’s policies
- A pleasant manner, good communication skills and the ability to deal with a variety of people
We are looking for a volunteer who can commit to at least 2 half-days (afternoons) each week to cook the main evening meal. Reliability and punctuality is vital.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
Volunteer Application Forms are available from all of our Emmaus Salford shops or you can download an application form here. Please follow the instructions on the form for submitting your completed application. We do not accept CV’s.
If you wish to talk to someone about volunteering please call Rachel on 0161 737 8279.