Do you want to help create a friendly meeting point in the heart of Salford? Emmaus Salford has recently set up a small charity cafe within our Community Homestore. We are looking for local volunteers to help run the cafe alongside our companions. The cafe will act as a meeting point for shoppers at Emmaus but also help residents of Salford who are faced with loneliness and social isolation.
- Work as part of a team to deliver friendly customer service
- Serve hot and cold drinks along with simple, ready-made food items
- Ensure cleanliness and food-hygiene levels are always maintained.
- Sales and stock management
- Help to develop the café based on customer feedback.
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with the following…
- Knowledge of food hygiene standards (Food Hygiene Certificate Level 2 desirable but training can be offered for this)
- Experience of customer service
- Team work and excellent people skills
- Good knowledge of health and safety
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus Salford volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience
- We will provide further training where possible
- We will provide you with travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit to at least 1 or more days a week (9:30am – 3:30pm). We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Volunteer Application Forms are available from all of our Emmaus Salford shops or you can download an application form here. Please follow the instructions on the form for submitting your completed application. We do not accept CV’s.
If you wish to talk to someone about this role please call Eileen on 0161 737 8279.