Emmaus Preston is a charity that is reliant on the goodwill and kind donations of our local supporters. The money raised from the sale of these items is used to support our community of formerly homeless people.
We are happy to accept donations of most household items but there are some exceptions for either legal, practical or environmental reasons. This includes soft furnishings without a fire label, safety items, baby equipment or any item that is not in a good, saleable condition.
Items we can currently accept
- Chest of Drawers
- Computer games
- Dining Tables and Chairs
- Electrical equipment MUST BE IN WORKING ORDER (flat screen TVs, music players, digital radios, kitchen appliances, sewing machines, vacuum cleaners, etc).
- Exercise equipment
- Glass furniture (dining tables etc)
- Large white goods – cookers, washer, tumble dryers (not refrigeration)
- Soft furnishings – beds, mattresses, sofas etc. with a valid Fire Safety Label
- Vinyl records
Items we are unable to accept:
- Baby items (such as cots, prams, etc)
- Cassette tapes
- Crockery and china
- Disability equipment (such as wheelchairs)
- Flat-pack furniture
- Gas bottles
- Glass TV stands
- Household linen
- MP3 players
- Office furniture
- Older CRT TVs
- Refrigeration appliances – fridges, freezers, fridge freezers
- Tins containing paraffin, petrol or any other flammables
- Tins of paint
- Used duvets and pillows
- VHS video cassettes
- Wall units
Where possible we would encourage you to drop-off donations when our charity stores are open. Alternatively, for larger furniture items, we do offer a free collection service. If you are unsure whether an item you are donating is currently being accepted, please speak to a member of our team, either at our shops or by calling 01772 796622 .
Reduce, reuse, recycle
For more information and useful links for reusing, recycling and disposing of household items locally, please visit the Lancashire County Council website.