Every weekday our vans are out around the North Staffs area collecting donations and delivering items purchased from our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse in Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent. Vital to the smooth running of the vans is a team of volunteers who support the drivers.
If you enjoy being out and about on the road, are happy to get stuck in with loading and unloading items on the van and want to learn more about how van schedules are organised then this is the role for you.
In-house training in heavy lifting techniques and all PPE required for this role is supplied.
• Collecting donation of furniture from local homes and businesses
• Delivering items purchased in our Furniture & Home Warehouse
• Collecting bulky waste items
• Loading & unloading items on the van between our two shops
• Phone call handling
• Delivering great customer service representing Emmaus North Staffs
• Assessing quality and risks of goods being donated
• Good strength & stamina
• Great punctuality & attendance
• Clear communication
• A positive & helpful attitude
• No experience required
• Experience in manual handling & heavy lifting would be useful
• We ask our Assistant Crew for Vans to volunteer at least once a week, during Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm
• Manual Handling in-house training required
• Customer Service in-house training required
• Health & Safety in-house training required
• Further optional training & support provided on-site & online through iHasco
• All PPE required is supplied for this role
• Lunch is provided (sandwich, crisps & drink)
• Bus fares are reimbursed
• 50% Volunteer Discount at our Emmaus Shop and our Furniture & Home Charity Warehouse
If you want any more information on any of these roles then contact Carmen either by coming in for a chat, by phone on 01782 846 111 / 07443271508 or by email on [email protected]
You can apply for this role now, using our online Volunteer Application Form.