Emmaus Mossley is a charity that is reliant on the goodwill and kind donations of our supporters. The money raised from the sale of these items is used to support our community of 26 formerly homeless people.
We are happy to accept donations of most household items but there are some exceptions for either legal, practical or environmental reasons. This includes soft furnishings without a fire label, safety items, baby equipment or any item that is not in a good, saleable condition.
Items we can currently accept:
- Cassette tapes
- Christmas items (decorations, bric-a-brac, etc)
- Computer games
- Furniture (see exceptions below)
- Garden furniture
- Gardening tools
- Office furniture
- Lamps and lampshades
- Soft furnishings (beds, mattresses, sofas etc with a valid 1988 Fire Safety Label)
- VHS video cassettes
- Vintage and retro homewares
- Vinyl records
Items we are currently unable to accept:
- All baby items
- Clothes, shoes and accessories
- Disability equipment (such as wheel chairs)
- Electrical equipment (flat screen TVs, old CRT TVs, music players, MP3 players, digital radios, sewing machines, vacuum cleaners, etc).
- Electric or gas fires
- Exercise equipment
- Flat-pack furniture
- Gas bottles
- Glass furniture (TV stands, dining tables, etc)
- Household linen e.g. blankets and bedding
- Kitchen appliances (e.g. fridges, freezers, cookers, etc)
- Printers and photocopiers
- Soft furnishings (beds, mattresses, sofas etc) without a 1988 Fire Safety Label
- Tins containing paraffin, petrol or any other flammables
- Tins of paint
- Toys (with and without a valid CE Safety Mark)
- Used duvets and pillows
- Wall units
- Items in a damaged or poor condition or that we consider to be unsaleable.
If you are unsure whether an item you are donating is currently being accepted, please speak to a member of our team, either at our Secondhand Superstore or by calling 01457 838608 (option 1).
For more information and advice on donating items to charity, please visit the Charity Retail Association website. For more information on recycling and disposing of household items, please visit the Recycle for Greater Manchester website.