We are happy to accept donations of most household items but there are some exceptions for either legal, practical or environmental reasons. This includes soft furnishings without a fire label, safety items, baby equipment or any item that is not in a good, saleable condition.
Items we can currently accept:
- Household linen
- Records, CDs, Tapes and computer games
- Soft furnishings (beds, mattresses, sofas etc with a valid 1988 Fire Safety Label – examples of the labels can be found below)
- Toys (with a valid CE Safety Mark)
- White goods (fridges and freezers must be in good working order and have their seals intact)
Items we are currently unable to accept:
- Electrical equipment (flat screen TVs, music players, MP3 players, digital radios, kitchen appliances, sewing machines, vacuum cleaners, etc).
- Soft furnishings (beds, mattresses, sofas etc) without a 1988 Fire Safety Label (see examples below)
- Any baby items
- Fridges or freezers with defective seals
- Old box style televisions
- VHS video cassettes
- Gas bottles
- Tins containing paraffin, petrol or any other flammables
- Old tins of paint
- Items in a damaged or poor condition or that we consider to be unsaleable.