Do you have skills and expertise in gardening, food growing and horticulture? Are you looking to volunteer for a local charity with a fantastic growing space? If so, we are looking for dedicated gardeners to assist in growing food and flowers within the Emmaus Merseyside community garden in Seaforth. As well as gardeners, we’re also looking for a Volunteer Florist and Resident Artist to assist with creative displays and projects.
- Tend to plants and produce within our polytunnels and growing beds
- Garden maintenance and house keeping
- Help prepare plants and produce for sale
- Ensure health and safety at all times
- Mentor and develop fellow volunteers and companions.
We’re looking for a dedicated individual with a…
- Passion for plants, local food growing and horticulture
- Knowledge of growing cycles and biodiversity
- Willingness to get stuck in and help out where needed
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (10am-4pm). We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
If are interested in this role, please e-mail [email protected] or call 0151 928 1588.