Do you have experience of adult education? Are you a former teacher looking for a rewarding role? Want to help people build essential skills for life? Get involved as a volunteer tutor at Emmaus Leeds and help to build the Maths and English skills of our community members. We are looking for a dedicated tutor with experience of working with learners who have dyslexia or have struggled with mainstream education.
Summary of tasks
- Help to develop people’s Maths and English skills
- Work with individuals on a 1 to 1 basis
- Teach basic skills, relevant to everyday life
- Assist people in working towards accredited qualifications.
Skills and experience needed
- Experience of adult education
- Good knowledge of different teaching methods
- An understanding of people with complex needs
- Team work and excellent people skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude.
Training, support and benefits
- As an Emmaus Leeds volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause
- We will look to provide further training where possible
- We will pay for volunteer travel expenses within the Leeds area
- We will provide you with a full lunch on the days that you volunteer.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm) or 2 half-days. You can volunteer any day between Monday and Saturday and we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
To register your interest or find out more please call Mike Hainsworth on 07979 159333 or email email@example.com