Do you love being active and meeting new people? Give your support to Emmaus Hull & East Riding and get involved as Van Driver or Driver Support volunteer. The roles involve driving or supporting the driver of an Emmaus Hull & East Riding van and assisting the logistics team by delivering and collecting donated goods.
- Support with the safe loading and unloading of Emmaus Hull & East Riding vehicles
- Deliver sold items in a good condition
- Coordinate deliveries in a timely manner
- Collect, process and warehouse donated items
- Keep Emmaus Hull & East Riding vehicles clean, tidy, safe and secure.
Additional Driver responsibilities…
- Drive an Emmaus Hull & East Riding van or other vehicle
- Have due consideration for the safety of yourself and other road users, adhering to the Highway Code at all times.
Skills and experience needed
- A flexible approach to the varying types of tasks within the role
- Lift and carry heavy furniture items
- Excellent customer service skills
- Reliable and good time keeping
- Contribute as part of a team with good communication skills
- Good organisation skills.
Additional for Drivers…
- A current full driving licence held for a minimum of two years, preferably without endorsements (all licences provided will be shared with our insurance company for clearance)
- Previous van driving experience.
At Emmaus Hull & East Riding we recognise and value the time, dedication, skills and knowledge that our volunteers contribute. During your time volunteering with us we expect you to;
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Uphold the reputation and values of Emmaus Hull & East Riding
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, volunteers and companions at all times
- Contribute towards our teamwork ethic.
We would ideally like a volunteer who could commit at a minimum to one day a week between Monday and Saturday, 9:30am – 4pm. However, we can be flexible with time and days to suit the individual.
The main collection and drop off point is at our Furniture Superstore, Lockwood Street, Hull, HU2 0HJ. However, this role will also involve travelling to our other two retail stores, Emmaus Emporium and Emmaus Newland when necessary.
Support and benefits
- You will receive a full induction and relevant training
- Direct support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout your volunteer role
- The opportunity to get involved with other volunteer roles
- We will look to provide further training to maximise your skills and experience in this area
- Reimburse travel expenses.
How to apply
To find out more or apply for this role please complete the Volunteer Application Form or call Rosie on 01482 223722 ext. 7 or email [email protected] for any further information.