To contribute alongside Companions in our workshop to upcycle, repair and restore donated items for resale in our retail outlets. This role would be great for an individual with a creative flair for revitalising and adding value to household furniture.
- Sort through donated items and select for upcycling, repair or restoration
- Create new products from upcycled materials
- Repair and restore donated furniture items
- Support Companions with warehouse operations
Skills and Experience Needed
- The ability to lift heavy items
- Knowledge and experience of upcycling and restoring household goods
- General upcycling skills e.g. painting, woodwork, sanding, DIY
- To contribute within a team
At Emmaus Hull & East Riding we recognise and value the time, dedication, skills and knowledge that our volunteers contribute. During your time volunteering with us we expect you to;
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Uphold the reputation and values of Emmaus Hull & East Riding
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, volunteers and companions at all times
- Contribute towards our teamwork ethic
Upcycling, repair and restoration work usually takes place between the hours of 10am and 4pm, Monday to Saturday. There is no set time commitment and we are happy to be flexible to suit the individual.
The Furniture Superstore, Lockwood Street, Hull, HU2 0HJ
Support and Benefits
- You will receive a full induction and relevant training
- Direct support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout your volunteer role
- The opportunity to get involved with other volunteer roles and fundraising events
- We will look to provide further training to maximise your skills and experience in this area
- Reimburse travel expenses
To find out more or apply for this role please complete the Volunteer Application Form or contact Reagan on 01482 223722 ext. 7 or via email at [email protected] for any further information.