To contribute alongside our volunteers and Companions, safely PAT testing donated electrical household items and ensuring they are in good functioning order to sell on our shop floors.
- To PAT test household electrical goods
- Accurately record and label all tested goods
- To make sure electrical items are in full functioning order
Skills and Experience Needed
- Experience and knowledge of PAT testing including previous PAT testing training if possible
- An awareness around household electrical items
- To contribute as part of a team
At Emmaus Hull & East Riding we recognise and value the time, dedication, skills and knowledge that our volunteers contribute. During your time volunteering with us we expect you to;
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Uphold the reputation and values of Emmaus Hull & East Riding
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, volunteers and companions at all times
- Contribute towards our teamwork ethic
Ideally we would like a volunteer who could commit to at least one day a week between Monday and Saturday 10am – 4pm but we are highly flexible with time commitment to suit the individual.
The Furniture Superstore, Lockwood Street, Hull, HU2 0HJ
Support and Benefits
- You will receive a full induction and relevant training
- Direct support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout your volunteer role
- The opportunity to get involved with other volunteer roles
- We will look to provide further training to maximise your skills and experience in this area
- Reimburse travel expenses
To find out more or apply for this role please complete the Volunteer Application Form or contact Reagan on 01482 223722 ext. 7 or via email at [email protected] for any further information.