Do you have electronics skills and experience of testing electrical home appliances? Give your support to Emmaus Hull & East Riding and get involved as a PAT Testing Volunteer. We are looking for new volunteers to help out alongside fellow volunteers and companions, to safely test donated electrical household items and ensure they are in good functioning order to sell in our shops.
- To PAT test household electrical goods
- Accurately record and label all tested goods
- To make sure electrical items are in full functioning order.
Skills and experience needed
- Experience and knowledge of PAT testing including previous PAT testing training if possible
- An awareness around household electrical items
- To contribute as part of a team.
At Emmaus Hull & East Riding we recognise and value the time, dedication, skills and knowledge that our volunteers contribute. During your time volunteering with us we expect you to;
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Uphold the reputation and values of Emmaus Hull & East Riding
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, volunteers and companions at all times
- Contribute towards our teamwork ethic.
Ideally, we would like a volunteer who could commit to at least one day a week between Monday and Saturday 10am – 4pm but we are highly flexible with time commitment to suit the individual.
Emmaus Furniture Superstore, Lockwood Street, Hull, HU2 0HJ
Support and benefits
- You will receive a full induction and relevant training
- Direct support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout your volunteer role
- The opportunity to get involved with other volunteer roles
- We will look to provide further training to maximise your skills and experience in this area
- Reimburse travel expenses.
How to apply
To find out more or apply for this role please complete the Volunteer Application Form or call Rosie on 01482 223722 ext. 7 or email [email protected] for any further information.