Do you love sustainable fashion, reuse and charity shops? Give your time, energy and support to Emmaus Hull & East Riding and get involved as an Assisting with Clothing Items volunteer. Help out at our charity stores in the sorting and selecting of donated clothing items that can then be sold on the shop floor or online. This role would suit a passionate and dedicated individual who has experience in clothing brands and the ability to select high-quality clothing items.
- Sorting through and selecting donated clothing items to be sold in our stores
- Steam cleaning and hanging clothing items
- Selecting clothing items that can be sold online
- Pricing clothing accurately and reasonably.
Skills and experience needed
- Knowledge and previous experience with clothing brands and labels
- Contribute as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude.
At Emmaus Hull & East Riding we recognise and value the time, dedication, skills and knowledge that our volunteers contribute. During your time volunteering with us we expect you to;
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Uphold the reputation and values of Emmaus Hull & East Riding
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, volunteers and Companions at all times
- Contribute towards our teamwork ethic.
We would ideally look for an individual who could volunteer a minimum of 1 day a week or 2 half days between the hours of 10am and 4pm, Monday to Saturday. However, we are highly flexible and would be happy to adapt this to suit the individual.
This role will predominantly be based at our Emmaus Furniture Superstore, Lockwood Street, Hull, HU2 0HJ. However, we will also need support with clothing at our two other retail stores;
- Emmaus Emporium, 28 Whitefriargate, Hull, HU1 2EX
- Emmaus Newland, 193 Newland Avenue, Hull, HU5 2EN
Support and benefits
- You will receive a full induction and relevant training
- Direct support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout your volunteer role
- The opportunity to get involved with other volunteer roles and fundraising events
- We will look to provide further training to maximise your skills and experience in this area
- Reimburse travel expenses.
How to apply
To find out more or apply for this role please complete the Volunteer Application Form or call Rosie on 01482 223722 ext. 7 or email [email protected] for any further information.