An opportunity to contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency alongside staff, volunteers and companions supporting various aspects of the day to day warehouse operations. This is a fast-paced team who ensure that deliveries and collections of donated goods are organised and made available for sale.
- Sort through donated items varying from bric-a-brac, clothing, books, small household goods, large furniture items etc.
- Select, clean and generally prepare stock items for the shop floor
- Support with stock rotation and loading/unloading van deliveries and collections
Skills and Experience Needed
- The ability to lift and carry heavy furniture items
- Good organisation skills
- The ability to communicate well within a team
- A flexible approach to the varying types of tasks within the role
- Knowledge of health and safety in a warehouse setting
At Emmaus Hull & East Riding we recognise and value the time, dedication, skills and knowledge that our volunteers contribute. During your time volunteering with us we expect you to;
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Uphold the reputation and values of Emmaus Hull & East Riding
- Maintain appropriate professional boundaries with all staff, volunteers and companions at all times
- Contribute towards our teamwork ethic
Operations in our warehouse take place between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Saturday. There is no set time commitment and we are happy to be flexible to suit the individual.
The Furniture Superstore, Lockwood Street, Hull, HU2 0HJ
Support and Benefits
- You will receive a full induction and relevant training
- Direct support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout your volunteer role
- The opportunity to get involved with other volunteer roles and fundraising events
- We will look to provide further training to maximise your skills and experience in this area
- Reimburse travel expenses
To find out more or apply for this role please complete the EHER Volunteer Application Form or contact Reagan on 01482 223722 ext. 7 or via email at [email protected] for any further information.