Terms and Conditions of Employment
- Salary of £18,000 per annum
- Lead at Emmaus Newland, support others when needed
- Working Hours – full time hours are 37.5 hours per week, Tuesday to Saturday
- Annual Leave – 25 days per annum plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension – Stakeholder pension
- Training & Development – Individually tailored induction, training and development
- Employee Assistance – a 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
- Wellbeing support
Overall Purpose of the Job
- To develop Emmaus retail at (Newland Avenue)
- Meet sales targets and generate income
- Cash management
- To ensure cash and banking procedures are followed correctly.
- Maximise gift aid contributions
- To look at ways of increasing and generating sales
- Organise the logistics of collections and deliveries
- To sort donations, price effectively and allocate for sale to maximise sales and income
- To keep the retail premises clean and tidy, to ensure effective merchandising
- Ensure full compliance, running a safe retail operation
- Use social media to promote the retail operations and maximise sales.
- To ensure retail operations are compliant and inline with legislation such as, health and safety, sale of goods act, and current trading standards legislation.
- To ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, policies and general duty of care and professional boundaries.
- To be flexible and willing to carry out any reasonable duties needed to assist the community and business operations, including holiday/sickness cover, and participation in team meetings, attend 1:1’s and appraisals.
- To understand and work in accordance with the principles of Emmaus International and uphold its values and ethos.
- Support and develop training for companions and volunteers
- Participate in wider Emmaus activities
- Manage stores marketing plan and promotions
Retail Team Leader Person Specification
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, desirable to have passes in English and Maths
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Driving license
- Excellent IT skills – Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour and conflict resolution
- Experience of coaching, team building and motivating others
- To have evidence of continued professional development, ideally health and safety, equal opportunities, customer service
- To have charity retail experience and working with volunteers.
- Management or Team Leader experience
- Recognises, responds and adapts appropriately to change easily.
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the community and business.
- Has an understanding of and belief in equality
- Effective communication skills – including written, verbal, listening skills.
- Enthusiastic with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Has an understanding of and empathy for in the work of Emmaus, and an ability to uphold Emmaus’s values.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.
- Strong emotional resilience and able to identify when external support is needed for self and others.
To apply please send a cover letter along with your completed Emmaus application form, equal opportunities monitoring form and declaration of criminal records form and return to [email protected]. Applications will close on the 31st January 2022.