We are looking to recruit a Store Manager (multi-site) to assist in the management of our shops, online sales and furniture reuse business to maximize revenue and meet financial targets.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone pro-active and well organised with great communication skills and an affinity with charitable organisations. Reporting to the Retail Manager and close working with the companions and volunteers, you will provide pro-active support to the retail team as required and will be responsible for supporting the smooth running of Emmaus Greenwich.
Overall purpose of the job role:
- To support the management of Emmaus Greenwich’s shops, online sales, warehouse teams and furniture reuse business to maximise revenue and meet financial targets.
- To support the effective leadership and management of a team of companions and volunteers.
- To create eye-catching window and in-store displays of donated goods to promote the image, products and services of the charity.
- To maximise sales income through the shops and online and ensure all goods are clean and priced.
- To provide effective guidance and direction to companion shop teams and volunteers to enable them to develop retail skills.
- To assist the Retail Manager with duties arising.
To be a success in the Store Manager (multi-site) role you will have the following:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent visual merchandising skills – fashion, homewares and furniture.
- Experience of working in charity retail.
- Experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Some experience of online sales.
- Good administration and organisational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good/advanced IT skills including Microsoft Office/Excel.
- Organised and self-motivated, while having the ability to work as part of a team.
- Flexible and adaptable attitude and approach to work.
- Enthusiastic ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- To be able to train and deliver exceptional levels of great customer service.
- To implement procedures and processes for the efficient and effective operation of our stores.
- To merchandise retail stock in the shops effectively in order to maximise sales whilst maintaining cleanliness.
- To support the Online Sales Manager in the growth of the e-commerce platform currently operating on eBay.
- To ensure effective negotiations with suppliers (donors of furniture and other household goods) to achieve optimal selection of the most profitable goods to enable the business to exceed targets.
- Monitor and implement systems for processing and training on Gift Aid post launch of a new EPOS system.
- To work with the Retail Manager to forecast, plan and implement effective collection and storage strategies by category and channel to maximise revenue and margin.
- To develop, deliver and maintain a current and relevant product offer and pricing in line with customer and market trends within our stores.
- To assist with marketing of the retail shops in the local area and on social media to maximise Emmaus profile, donations, stock generation and sales.
- To work as part of the Management Team and positively representing the organisation at all times.
- Ensure the counter and retail operation is staffed at all times and provide cover where necessary.
- Manage stock control to shops to ensure fully stocked and attractively displayed.
- Work cooperatively with colleagues to ensure the overall objectives are realised.
- Responsible for day-to-day problem solving and conflict resolution, taking appropriate disciplinary action in a fair and consistent manner when necessary in line with community policies and procedures.
- Monitor compliance with relevant legislation, including Health and Safety and Fire Regulations in the workplace and the Data Protection Act.
- Maintain and develop good customer relations and handle customer surveys and complaints.
- Maintain companions’ and volunteers’ work rotas in liaison with the Retail Manager, Operations and Audit manager and the Community Management team.
- To maintain professional boundaries and work with other managers to ensure companions are supported effectively.
- Participate in weekly business and some daily meetings with companions and staff.
- To perform other tasks or duties deemed necessary by the Chief Executive.
- To be flexible and willing to carry out any tasks when necessary and to participate in the on-call rota.
Emmaus works with vulnerable people. Staff and volunteers must observe the proper demarcation and professional boundaries while performing their role.
Teamwork is essential to the smooth running of the community and all members are required to play an active part. Some evening and weekend work may be necessary for which time off in lieu can be taken.
Emmaus works with homeless, vulnerably housed and unemployed people. All employees are subject to enhanced DBS checks.
At Emmaus Greenwich we value diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
This job description sets out the main duties of the role as at the date it was drawn up. These may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the role or the level of responsibility entailed. It is expected, therefore, that the jobholder will undertake any other duties commensurate with the grading of the post as allocated through line management.
The role is a multi-site position within our retail operation outlets currently located in Plumstead, Poplar and Lee (2 stores)
Full time hours are 40 hours per week, 5 days a week on a 6 day rota between 9.00am and 5.00pm Monday to Saturday
25 days per annum, plus 8 bank holidays
Stakeholder pension available with an employer contribution of 5%
A 24/7 employee assistance scheme is available
If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application pack below.