Christmas is a great time to fundraise.
Have some fun this Christmas with some of our fundraising ideas (or make one of your own) to raise money for Emmaus this December.
Some ideas to get you started:
- Download and print this Christmas bauble poster to display in your workplace. Donate a minimum of £1 to write a message on this poster to your friends / family /colleagues instead of sending round Christmas cards.
- Host a Christmas Jumper Day or an Ugly Jumper Day.
- Do 100 squats / sit ups a day for December.
- Carol Singing / karaoke.
- Make a reverse advent calendar – donate one item a day for your local Emmaus community or food bank.
- Christmas Bake Off – or anything to do with food.
- Are you a dab hand with a craft? Knit or crochet some decorations in exchange for a donation.
- Board Game Challenge – Dust off your board games and make a donation to take part to settle who is the Connect 4 Champion? Or can you make through a round of Monopoly with your family without any arguments?
- Get your entire neighbourhood to take part in a show of Christmas lights or create festive windows at home. Have a collection box at the end of your road for visitors to marvel at your creations.
- Sponsored 5k Winter Walk in fancy dress – get the children / pets involved!
- Decorate your Desk at work competition using recycled items -best festive theme wins a prize! £1 to enter.
- Quiz night – who doesn’t love pretending they’re on Mastermind?
Idea not listed here? Feel free to organise your own event!
Whatever you do – a big THANK YOU in advance for thinking of Emmaus over this Christmas period.
Send us an email at [email protected] to let us know what you will be doing. We would love to hear about your event and maybe see your photos!