Emmaus Cornwall Volunteer role: Business Enterprise and Management (BE&M) Committee – Business Enterprise Development volunteer
The BE&M committee is responsible for developing new social enterprise businesses at various locations, including a new residential community to be launched in Cornwall in 2021/2.
Purpose of role:
To be an active member of the BE&M Committee and specifically to assist in the business development of horticulture output, woodland enterprise products and basic wooden furniture.
- Familiarise with all proposed business enterprises being researched, planned and budgeted.
- Collate budgets for various planned business enterprises
- Feed into Business Enterprise proposal, feasibility analysis and budget creation for the planning of fully sustainable businesses and to aid the fundraising team.
- Assist with Budgets and business rationale content of proposals
- contribute suggestions for additional concepts
- attend bi-weekly BE&M Committee meetings (on Zoom) and other relevant meetings and site visits to our enterprise locations.
- help with other BE&M initiatives as requested
BE&M committee members; Project Manager; external consultants
BE&M Committee Chair
Place of volunteer:
Home, with onsite and retail visits when and where required and possible
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- experience of business planning, feasibility analysis, and budgeting
- Start-up social enterprise experience desirable
- Knowledge of enterprise funding and National/EU funding landscape
- interest in permaculture and eco sustainable practices
- active on social media
- interest in and commitment to ending homelessness in Cornwall
- active in the community/local business networks
How to enquire:
If you are interested in this role, please complete our online volunteer enquiry form found here and someone will get back to you.