Do you you have knowledge of the local area? Would you enjoy working as part of a team to co-ordinate our collections and deliveries?
We’re looking for someone who can help us in the transport office, planning economical routes for deliveries and collections, processing relevant paperwork and sales dockets, answering the phone and generally keeping things well organised.
This is a great opportunity to work alongside our Companions to share your knowledge and skills and have a bit of fun too.
Tasks will include:
- To deal with customer enquires and to book collections and deliveries in a professional manner
- To ensure our transport system is used at all times for collections and deliveries
- To ensure relevant paperwork for each job is clear and contains the right information
- To ensure the customer is asked about gift aid when booking in a collection
- To ensure that all relevant gift aid and job paperwork is given to the van crew and that it is fully understood by all
- To ensure that daily routes are planned out economically and logically
- To complete a collections/sales docket in a competent manner
- To liaise with the van crew about any customer’s requests and changes to the day
- To ensure relevant maps in the office are up to date Essential Skills
You will need:
- Good organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Good logistical skills
- An ability to work with vulnerable adults
- The ability to work as part of a team Good customer service skills
- Good knowledge of the local (Colchester and wider) area
All we ask is that you can commit to a minimum of one day a month so that you don’t forget any training that we give you.
Please contact [email protected] for more details if you’re interested in volunteering for us.