Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills and meet new people at the same time as helping your local community and supporting the Emmaus ethos.
At Emmaus Colchester our volunteers work alongside our companions and staff, sharing activities and responsibilities and helping to build our social enterprise together.
We always welcome support with:
• Coordinating collections and deliveries of donated and sold items
• Sorting and PAT testing our electrical donations
• Helping to merchandise in our shops and warehouses
• Fundraising – Why not run an event for us?
• General maintenance of the buildings and assistance with DIY
• Upcycling of furniture
The list is endless and there’s bound to be something you will enjoy!
We can offer short or long-term positions to suit you and whatever you feel you would like to give. All ages and abilities are welcome – we have something for everyone.
Find out more about the types of roles at Emmaus Colchester here, or if you’d like to offer us some of your skills, knowledge and companionship, please complete the Volunteer Application Form or get in touch via our contact form.
Don’t just take our word for it, David one of our volunteers has taken time out of his day to share his experience of volunteering with us.