- Working alongside companions and supporting the moving of furniture
- Loading and unloading vans
- Stocking the shop with items of furniture from the warehouse
- Moving sold items from the shop into delivery bays
- Building furniture to be displayed in the shop
- Rotation of stock in the shop
- Sort and prepare deliveries ready for the next day
- A can-do personality
- Eager to support and contribute to the wider team (companions, staff and volunteers)
- The ability to encourage and empower companions
- Great communication skills
- Work with energy, pace and passion
- To be able bodied and fit as the job can be quite labour intensive
- Manual handing experience is helpful, but not essential as all necessary training will be provided.
- If you have steal toe cap boots and work wear great! But if not don’t worry, we can provide them!
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s)/hours, our community is open Monday – Saturday 9am – 5pm Sunday 10am – 4pm.
Training, support, and benefits:
- As an Emmaus Cambridge volunteer, you will be given a full induction when you start
- A member of staff will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- We will provide training, including Health & Safety
- We offer an opportunity to develop your skills and experience and improve your CV
- We will pay for volunteer travel expenses
- Help to build your confidence
- We will provide you with lunch in our community on the days that you volunteer.
- Be part of a vibrant Community
- You will receive 50% off all item sold in our shop
To apply please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. Once you have completed our Volunteer Application Form, please email the form to Graham Haynes our Operations Manager [email protected]