Want to volunteer in a buzzing social enterprise?
- Work alongside companions on our busy shop counter
- Cash handling
- Use of a simple EPOS system
- Offering help to make sure our customers have a great experience
- A can-do personality to engage with customers and the ability to demonstrate true service skills
- Eager to support and contribute to the wider team (companions, staff and volunteers)
- The ability to encourage and empower companions
- Great communication skills
- Work with energy, pace and passion
- Good organisation and prioritisation skills
- Previous retail experience or hospitality experience is always helpful, but not essential.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s)/hours. Availability would need to be during opening times (Wednesday – Sunday 10am – 4pm).
Training, support, and benefits:
- As an Emmaus Cambridge volunteer, you will be given a full induction when you start
- A member of staff will support you throughout your time as a volunteer
- We will provide training, including Health & Safety
- We offer an opportunity to develop your skills and experience and improve your CV
- We will pay for volunteer travel expenses
- Help to build your confidence
- We will provide you with lunch in our community on the days that you volunteer.
- Be part of a vibrant Community
To apply please click the ‘Apply Now’ button. Once you have completed our Volunteer Application Form, please email the form to Graham Haynes our Operations Manager [email protected]