Do you have van driving experience and knowledge of the Burnley, Rochdale and east Lancashire areas? If so, we are looking for a Volunteer Van Driver to work with companions at Emmaus Burnley to carry out deliveries and collections.
- Vehicle checks
- Crew supervision
- Completing paperwork for collections and deliveries
- Unloading and loading the vans, and
- Processing and warehousing the collected items.
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with good people skills…
- Full, clean driving licence and knowledge of the Burnley area
- Experience of driving a large van
- Team work and customer focused
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude.
We are looking for a volunteer that will commit to at least 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm). The days will need to fall between Monday and Friday but we can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member and companion will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
If you’re interested in volunteering to be part of the Emmaus Burnley team contact us on 01282 430860 or e-mail email@example.com