- Vehicle checks
- Crew supervision
- Unloading and loading the vans
- Completing paperwork (using an app) for collections and deliveries
- Processing and warehousing the collected items.
- We’re looking for a dedicated individual with great people skills
- Full, clean driving licence and knowledge of the Bradford area
- Experience of driving a large van (a Luton)
- Happy working in a team
- Customer focused
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude
We are looking for volunteers who could commit to a regular 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm) on any day Monday-Saturday.
Training, support and benefits:
- As an Emmaus volunteer you will be given a full induction when you start.
- A staff member will support you throughout your time as a volunteer.
- We will offer you an opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- We will look to provide further training where possible.
- We will provide you with dinner and travel expenses on the days that you volunteer.
If you’re interested in volunteering to help Emmaus Bradford please contact Fran Graham on 01274 955 870 or email [email protected]
Emmaus Bradford is an independent local charity working to reduce homelessness and social exclusion in Bradford. We have two shops in Bradford selling recycled furniture and furnishings at affordable prices. Every item we recycle is a step towards our goal of opening an Emmaus community in Bradford, which will offer a long-term home to local adults who are currently homeless.
For more information about Emmaus Bradford visit our About page.