About this volunteer role
Do you enjoy getting out and about? Are you physically fit and aware of manual handling techniques? If so, we need your help to deliver and collect furniture and household items for Emmaus Bradford. Our van is on the road Mon-Sat delivering and collecting household items, which reduces waste going to landfill and helps our social enterprise to grow. If you would like to use your spare time to help Emmaus Bradford, to gain skills, and to meet new people, please get in touch.
In house training in heavy lifting techniques and PPE required for this role are supplied.
- Manual handling
- Customer service
- Safely loading and unloading the van
- Completing paperwork for collections and deliveries (using an app)
- Processing and warehousing the collected items.
Skills and experience needed
- Experience of manual handling
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Team work, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit 1 day per week (9:30am-4pm) on a regular day Mon-Sat.
Training, support and benefits
- Full induction when you start
- Support throughout from our Warehouse Manager
- An opportunity to develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause
- Further training where possible
- Travel expenses within the local area / lunch expenses
- References provided
If you love being out and about meeting people and you’re happy to get stuck in lifting and carrying please calling Fran Graham on 01274 955870 or e-mail [email protected] – or pop in to one of our shops for a chat with the Shop Manager.