Do you want to help people who are struggling with food poverty? Do you have knowledge of food hygiene, customer service and healthy eating? If so, please come and help out as a Volunteer Food Pantry Assistant at our Lucie’s Pantry social supermarket. We need assistants to help us stock and prepare the pantry, and also assist and serve our members when the pantry is open.
- Serving members of Lucie’s Pantry
- Helping with stock management and rotation
- Assisting with weekly housekeeping
- Ensuring good food hygiene standards
- Helping with admin and record keeping.
- Passion for helping people in need
- Knowledge of food hygiene standards
- Experience of customer service
- Teamwork and good people skills
- Good knowledge of health and safety
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to at least one full day (10am-4pm) per week, working from our Derby Barracks site. We can be flexible in terms of what day(s) these will be.
Training, support and benefits
- A full induction when you start
- Full support throughout your time as a volunteer
- Develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause
- Further training where possible
- Lunch provided.
Emmaus Bolton is signed up to the Bolton Volunteer Charter, a recognised pledge to show our commitment to developing and upholding good practice around all aspects of volunteering.
To apply for this role, please complete the application form below and return to [email protected]. For an informal chat about the role prior to applying, please call Nina on 01204 398 056.