Every day we collect loads of items that need sorting, preparing and pricing before going to one of our sales areas for sale. If you like a ‘rummage’ and have a keen eye for a gem, then our Volunteer Bric-a-Brac Sorting Assistant role could be perfect for you. You will be helping store to sort through, and price up, bric-a-brac, collectables and curios.
- Sorting items
- Identifying items of value
- Preparing items for sale
- Pricing up bric a brac.
Skills and experience needed
- A fast worker but with a keen eye for detail
- Knowledge of health and safety
- Good people skills and experience within a team
- Customer service experience desirable
- Self-motivated and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to at least one full day (10am-4pm) per week, working from our Derby Barracks site.
Training, support and benefits
- A full induction when you start
- Full support throughout your time as a volunteer
- Develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause
- Further training where possible
- Lunch provided.
Emmaus Bolton is signed up to the Bolton Volunteer Charter, a recognised pledge to show our commitment to developing and upholding good practice around all aspects of volunteering.
To apply for this role, please complete the application form below and return to [email protected]. For an informal chat about the role prior to applying, please call Nina on 01204 398 056.