Are you passionate about reducing waste and a champion of reuse and recycling? Do you have a few hours spare each week and are willing to get stuck in? If so, we need your help to make the new Emmaus Bolton Recycling Centre a success. We’re looking for a dedicated Volunteer Recycling Assistant to help sort and process items and materials saved from the waste chain.
- Sorting items, materials and textiles
- Identifying items and materials of value
- Processing items e.g. cutting and bundling
- Preparing items and materials for sale
- Helping out in our Scrap Shack.
Skills and experience needed
- Knowledge of reuse and recycling.
- A fast worker but with a keen eye for detail.
- Knowledge of health and safety.
- Good people skills and experience within a team.
- Customer service experience desirable.
- Self-motivated and a positive, can do attitude.
We are looking for volunteers who can commit to at least one full day (10am-4pm) per week, working from our Derby Barracks site.
Training, support and benefits
- A full induction when you start.
- Full support throughout your time as a volunteer.
- Develop your skills and experience for a worthwhile cause.
- Further training where possible.
- Lunch provided.
Emmaus Bolton is signed up to the Bolton Volunteer Charter, a recognised pledge to show our commitment to developing and upholding good practice around all aspects of volunteering.
To apply for this role, please complete the application form below and return to [email protected]. For an informal chat about the role prior to applying, please call Nina on 01204 398 056.